Thursday, January 13, 2011

Where Do I Begin?

It seems like I've taken a month-long hiatus from blogging. The truth is, once you get behind, it's hard to know where to pick up again.

We had a wonderful Christmas here at the house. The kids loved their gifts, and us parents enjoyed watching them tear into things. I made a simple dinner of ham, scalloped potatoes, veggies and rolls.






Brooke turned 18-months old on Christmas day. It's hard to believe that she's already been with us a year-and-a-half. Sometimes I can't remember life without her, and other times it seems we just got our precious, little girl.

Here's the aftermath of our Christmas celebration:


The Monday after Christmas we made a rather impromptu decision to drive all the way to Indiana to visit my husband's family! We didn't hit the road until 3 in the afternoon, but we got there before midnight. It was quite a trip. We stayed until Saturday morning. Thankfully our road trips were uneventful. Here are some scenes from our visit with David's family:

(Not really sure how David and Sandra ended up on the kitchen floor!)

My sister-in-law Kat mentioned having an early birthday celebration for Cole. That was so thoughtful of her.


I love this picture of Cole! He could barely contain his excitement!
Kit & Cole - cousins
While in Indiana I got to see one of my dear friends from college. Megan and I traveled together in a summer tour group.


Here are two of the "original" Farley boys:
All of the cousins are in this picture except for little Brienna.

Here's a picture of the girl cousins:
My Logan
Uncle David is a hit with the kids. (Probably because he can play like the best of them!)


Sleepy boys



On the way home we stopped in Ohio to visit with David's younger brother John and his family.

There's little Brienna, with Amber and John, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment