Saturday, August 15, 2009

Homemade Ice Cream

The Peach Hill Orchard had customer appreciation day today. There was a delicious chicken bbq available for purchase. But the real reason we went was for the free corn on the cob and peach ice cream! Yummy!

Peach Hill is run by a Mennonite family, and I enjoy buying summer produce there. (We bought peaches today.) They also sell baked goods and an assortment of jams and jellies. I like supporting the locals as well as mingling with the Mennonites. I admit that their culture fascinates me. Most of the Mennonites here live just like we do, and the only difference between us appears to be their dress. I think that they stare at us as much as we do them! Whatever the differences between us are, one thing is for sure. . . They make wonderful ice cream!







A common sight in our town. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment