Friday, August 14, 2009

Airplanes

For a couple of days there have been three World War II planes in our small airport. They are part of the "Wings of Freedom" tour. We stopped by the airport today to see if we could get a peek. The planes were pretty amazing to see, even though we didn't pay to get in. :) It kind of got me choked up, thinking of those young boys/men that served our country during that time. Maybe it's because I just read a book set in that time period about a young couple and the War, but it really was something to see. I know my pictures won't do the history justice, especially since I was taking them through a chain-link fence! (ha!) But I hope you enjoy this little bit of history that we got to see today.

This plane is a Mustang. You can actually operate the controls while in flight with the pilot! Of course the price to do so is pretty steep!


If you click on the picture to make it bigger, you will see that the names of the men that served on that plane are written on the side. Boy did I wish I could've gotten in to see a closer look at that! The boys liked looking at the guns.

The boys taking a peek. . . I love those little "stair step" pictures of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment