Friday, February 6, 2009

Night on the Town

Today has been a long day for me. David had school this morning. Then right after school he took the teen boys on a snow tubing activity to Blue Knobb. It's a ski/snow place about an hour from here. He's still not back yet, and it's already 9:30 p.m. I've missed him today!

So to make up for it, the boys and I went out tonight for dinner! (Any excuse, right?) We went to the Subway inside of Wal-Mart. They have $5 pizzas that the boys love. So the boys devoured a pepperoni pizza, and I got myself a chicken sub with all those yummy, fresh veggies.

While we were there a soldier came in to order. I told Trevor he should go shake the soldier's hand and thank him for being a soldier in our country. He really did not want to do that! Being the good mom that I am, I made him do it anyway! ;-) I think it made the soldier's night. He shook Trevor's hand and asked him about school and chatted with him for a minute or two. Then Logan wanted to "Shake a soldier" too. So he went and shook his hand as well. After the soldier was done with his order he came by the table and waved to the boys again and told them to have a good night. It was a good experience for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment