Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Veterans Sunday

The Sunday before Veterans day, we had a special service at church. We invited as many veterans as we could to come that day so we could honor them for their service to our country. It was such a nice service, and we had many visiting veterans, as well as veterans from our own church. Each veteran gave their name, what branch of the service they were in, and what years they served. It was very moving and touching to see these men who served our country.

At the beginning of the service I played a medley of the songs from each of the military branches. As I played the Air Force song, Trevor came out carrying the Air Force flag. He chose that one because the flag is blue!



As you can see, by the end of the song, each military branch was represented.



My view from the piano:



This young man Shane is currently serving in the army, and just recently returned from Iraq.



I had to include my own grandfather. Isn't he so handsome?



Here's one of our own church men, who was in the 82nd Airborne Division. I thought it was pretty funny when Pastor said, "I never could see the sense of jumping out of a perfectly good plane!"



This is Mr. Clinger, a World War II veteran.

No comments:

Post a Comment