Saturday, February 14, 2009

Good Weather


This week we had a nice change of pace. The weather got up to the 50's this week for several days. It was very nice and pleasant. I haven't looked at the forecast for the upcoming week, so I'm not sure what's in store for us. We did get a dusting of snow on the ground today. Boo-hoo! I was hoping the groundhog maybe lied about seeing his shadow! Hee-Hee! I think we're all getting a bit of cabin fever around here, so it was nice that the boys got to spend a couple afternoons outside on their bikes. Hopefully that will tide them over until the spring season decides to greet us.
We also had some big, gusty winds this week! Wow! We live in an amazing two-story brick home, but there were times I was expecting this house to come crashing down around us! The winds reached 60 mph here Wednesday night! I was on the phone with somebody after church and I heard a loud BOOM! I wasn't sure what it was, but when I walked into the living room, I saw that one of the panes of my windows had just fallen right into the house! It did not break, but it knocked over my end table, broke a piece from my lamp, and made a mess! We were pretty amazed at that powerful wind. All night as I slept rather fitfully, I kept waiting to hear another crash! Thankfully the Lord spared us a second episode of window-crashing!

Here's something funny. . . because of the high winds, we had a two hour delay from school on Thursday morning! David got up and ready as usual, but when I had turned on the news, I saw that there were some school delays. We were kind of surprised about that! A friend jokingly told me maybe it was because they were afraid the Mennonite buggies would flip over! I don't know why, but we did enjoy a couple of lazy hours that morning, and a short school day for David!






2 comments:

  1. Is the picture your house. I think it is a beautiful house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! This is our home! The church bought this home for us and it's been such a blessing. I always loved those big, old houses. . . now I get to live in one!

    ReplyDelete